Home » Programmes » Recipes » Week 1 » Patricia Uí Ghamhnáin
Patricia Uí Ghamhnáin's Meal
- 1/2 onion
1 green pepper
2 red peppers
6 ounces of grilled chicken
1 envelope Lawry's Fajita seasonings
- 1 Serving = 1/3 cup filling.
- Chop onion, peppers and tomatoes into wedges.
- Mix the seasoning with the diced chicken in bowel. Spray large frying pan with Pam and saute sliced onions and peppers. When veggies are tender add grilled chicken, 1/4 cup water and seasonings and tomato. Cook for a few minutes and then serve on warm tortillas with fat free sour cream, cheese and lettuce.
- 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 225g/8oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
- 125g/4oz Chocolate
- 325g/12oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease an
oblong brownie tin. 25cm/10” x 15cm/6”. Small roasting tin would also do.
- Melt the butter or margarine and chocolate together over
a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, eggs and chopped walnuts.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and
gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes
until crusty on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, cut into brownies.