Home » Programmes » Recipes » Week 10 » Bernadette Ní Chadhain
Bernadette Ní Chadhain's Meal
Chicken Fajitas with potato wedges
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons dried red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 8 tortillas
- In a large bowl,
mix the oil, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic, oregano, chilli flakes and salt and
- Cube the chicken
and mix into the mixture.
- Put in the fridge
and stir every once in a while.
- Take the chicken
from the bowl and fry.
- Add the onion and
- Serve with the
- Cut the potatoes
into wedges. Add the salt, garlic, paprika, parmesan, herbs and olive oil.
- Mix together
- Cook in an oven
until golden and crispy.
- 2 packets of strawberry jelly
- 12 oz biscuits
- 5 oz stork margarine
- 1 packet of Dream topping
- 2 tubs of Philadelphia Cheese
- 2 fl oz Milk
- Break the biscuits into crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix the biscuit crumbs into it.
- Spread the mixture on the base of a 9inch tin.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
- Mix the Dream topping and milk until it thickens.
- Melt the jelly in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add the Philadelphia cheese to the Dream topping until it is creamy.
- Add a pint of cold water to the jelly to cool it, and then pour into the creamy mixture.
- Stir well.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge for four hours.